Thorpedene Sports Premium Impact 2015-16
- To increase the level of physical activity for our children at Thorpedene.
- To create opportunities for as many of our children as possible to represent the school.
- To become more successful when competing.
We are extremely proud of what we achieved in our second year of Sports Premium funding. Here are some of the Sports we delivered and competed in during the academic year… Football, Netball, Hockey, Tag Rugby, Cricket, Rounders, Lacrosse, Athletics, Swimming, Basketball, Cheerleading, Cycling, Bowls and Boccia.
All of this hard work has resulted in the following…
- Our school has now been presented with the K.S.1 Active Schools’ Award to go alongside our Silver Kite Mark and Silver Quality Mark for Sport Qualifications.
We are very proud of Thorpedene Sport. We are now a step closer to our goal of becoming one of the best Sports Schools in Essex. We will strive to take next steps and continue to move forward in sport…
- Continued expansion of outdoor team sports and competitions- Developing KS1 opportunities.
- Focus on development of Rugby, Tennis, Badminton & Basketball.
- Continuing to develop and monitor the quality of P.E lessons- New teaching resources, skills charts and termly observations. This will aim to ensure that PE and School Sport is judged as at least good by external monitoring.
- Continue to develop our Sports Council by introducing Sports Buddies across key stages.
- Continuing to broaden the sporting opportunities and experiences available to our pupils. E.g Fencing
- To carry on developing a passion for sport and physical activity at Thorpedene.
- To become even more successful when competing.